TENTATIVE PROGRAM ITINERARY
March 14 – 24, 2019
Depart U.S. on 14 Mar
Arrive into LHR (London Heathrow)
15 Mar, Fri: Check into Hostel (Astor Hostel or SoHostel); afternoon visit to University College London and IIE, group dinner at 7pm
16 Mar, Sat: Guided Tour of London, possible campus visit
17 Mar, Sun: FREE**
18 Mar, Mon: Day trip to Oxford
19 Mar, Tue: Visit to London South Bank University
(Dates all TBD as we continue making arrangements with partners abroad)
**Things to see while in London: British Museum, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Tower Bridge, London Eye, Shakespeare’s Globe, Tate museums, Picadilly Circus, Camden Market, Hyde Park, Thames River and Head of the River Race
20 Mar, Wed: Train to Dalkeith House near Edinburgh, Scotland, visit with UW River Falls staff and students
21 Mar, Thur: Highlands Tour, possible visit to St. Andrew’s University
22 Mar, Fri: Visit to University of Edinburgh
23 Mar, Sat: Depending on flight costs, return to U.S. from Edinburgh or train back to London to depart from there.
Depart LHR or EDI for U.S.
Arrive into U.S.
$1,300 (Based on an enrollment of at least 15 students)
- 1 Credit of Tuition & Fees
- Accommodations at Astor Hostel and Dalkeith House
- In-Country Ground Transportation (day trip to Oxford, trains from London to Edinburgh, Oyster card for train travel within London)
- Site Visits / Tours
- CISI Health Insurance
- Airfare to and from the U.S. ($1,100 est)
- Passport ($135)
- Meals not included ($400)
A $200 confirmation deposit is due at commitment. This goes towards your program cost and is NOT in addition to the billable program cost.
Important Flight Information:
- All students on Faculty-led Programs are required to book through Fox World Travel - UW System Mandate for University Sponsored Programs for flights to and from the U.S. to the program site location.
- IEE will setup and share the booking code once program is confirmed
- Specific booking parameters will be set to ensure students arrive and depart at the appropriate times
- Airline miles can be used when booking with FWT