UW-La Crosse has a cooperative arrangement with UW-Platteville, through which you can participate in their study abroad programs and remain a UWL student. Financial Aid, billing of program fees, and credit transfer are coordinated through International Education & Engagement (IEE) at UWL.
SAIIE SEVILLE, SPAIN
The Intensive Language Track is designed for students on the beginning and intermediate levels who want to focus solely on the acquisition of Spanish.
Language Requirement: 2-3 years of high-school Spanish or 1 semester college – level Spanish. Only in Spanish
SAIIE offers during Spring and Fall terms, students the chance to win scholarships worth up to $1,500 for their semester abroad on the SAIIE program for UWL students!
Eligible students must:
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Must be a full-time degree-seeking student in the semester preceding and following the education abroad experience.
- Must participate on a SAIIE education abroad program for at least one semester or short term program (Summer or Winter program).
- Must write a weekly blog (once a week if the student is here for one semester, twice a week if it´s for a short term program) during their stay here, promoting their Study Abroad experience with SAIIE and Seville.
- Must post photos on their Instagram account on a daily-basis from Monday - Friday.When posting photos students must use the following words tags + a minimun of 2 more that the student thinks are adequate. #saiiesevilla #saiie #saiieabroad #studyabroad #seville + term and year abroad
- Must be fully aware of the commitment, follow through and merit in honouring the SAIIE Scholarship during the Study Abroad experience. The penalty for lack of commitment, not following through and bad faith in honouring the SAIIE Scholarship is the FULL REFUND of the Scholarship at the end of the semester or short-term program. Grades won´t be released until the full refund of the scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship, students must:
- Must submit the scholarship application form. Please click here to download form.
- Must submit a one page (ariel 11) well written and grammatically correct scholarship essay answering the following questions: Why do you want to study abroad? What is your financial need? Why SAIIE?
- Must submit one letter of recommendation for the scholarship from a teacher. Please click here to download the form.
- Must submit the “Refund Policy Form”. Please click here to download the form.
- Must conduct a Skype interview with a member of the SAIIE staff.
All materials must be received and the interview must be conducted before the deadline for the applicant to be considered. Scholarship deadlines are as follows:
Fall term: June 1
Spring term: October 15
Winterim term: November 1
Summer: April 1
- No scholarships will be considered after these dates.
- Scholarships are awarded before the beginning of the program. All applicants will be notified of the decisions 1-3 weeks after the deadline.
All materials must either be scanned in and emailed to the Resident Director, Stuart Chipres, at firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via mail to SAIIE at the following address:
Spanish-American Institute of International Education
C/Cuesta del Rosario 8, 3 planta
If you have any further questions, please contact the Resident Director, Stuart Chipres, at email@example.com
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2020||03/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.