UW-La Crosse has a cooperative arrangement with UW-Platteville, through which you can participate in their study abroad programs and remain a UWL student. Financial Aid, billing of program fees, and credit transfer are coordinated through International Education & Engagement (IEE) at UWL.
SAIIE SEVILLE, SPAIN
UW-Platteville Education Abroad has been helping students from across the United States study at the Spanish-American Institute of International Education (SAIIE) since 1984. SAIIE instructs American students studying abroad through UW-Platteville Education Abroad and offers an intercultural learning experience through academics, excursions, conversation partnerships with native Spanish speakers, volunteer opportunities, internships and athletics programs. SAIIE's Athletic programs
are unique as they offer student athletes the chance to add a sports element to their academic studies at SAIIE and allow them the opportunity to continue to train and practice in their chosen sport while abroad. The athletic programs that are hosted in Spring/Fall include soccer, volleyball, rugby, and water polo. The Summer program covers basketball, swimming, rowing, and rugby.
Since 1984, students from more than 250 universities nationwide have chosen to study abroad in Seville, Spain through UW-Platteville Education Abroad.
SAIIE-UNIVERSIDAD DE SEVILLA
Liberal Arts, Business and Spanish Language and Culture
SPRING AND FALL.
This program is designed for students that have a minimum high intermediate level of Spanish, and for those who want to combine their academic experience with the total cultural immersion through the extra curricular activities offered by our program.
No prior knowledge of Spanish required - however, if you choose a class taught in Spanish from the University of Seville or SAIIE (except the Spanish language courses), you will need to have studied a minimum of 5 semesters of Spanish at the university level.
SAIIE offers during Spring and Fall terms, students the chance to win scholarships worth up to $1,500 for their semester abroad on the SAIIE program for UWL students!
Eligible students must:
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Must be a full-time degree-seeking student in the semester preceding and following the education abroad experience.
- Must participate on a SAIIE education abroad program for at least one semester or short term program (Summer or Winter program).
- Must write a weekly blog (once a week if the student is here for one semester, twice a week if it´s for a short term program) during their stay here, promoting their Study Abroad experience with SAIIE and Seville.
- Must post photos on their Instagram account on a daily-basis from Monday - Friday.When posting photos students must use the following words tags + a minimun of 2 more that the student thinks are adequate. #saiiesevilla #saiie #saiieabroad #studyabroad #seville + term and year abroad
- Must be fully aware of the commitment, follow through and merit in honouring the SAIIE Scholarship during the Study Abroad experience. The penalty for lack of commitment, not following through and bad faith in honouring the SAIIE Scholarship is the FULL REFUND of the Scholarship at the end of the semester or short-term program. Grades won´t be released until the full refund of the scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship, students must:
- Must submit the scholarship application form. Please click here to download form.
- Must submit a one page (ariel 11) well written and grammatically correct scholarship essay answering the following questions: Why do you want to study abroad? What is your financial need? Why SAIIE?
- Must submit one letter of recommendation for the scholarship from a teacher. Please click here to download the form.
- Must submit the “Refund Policy Form”. Please click here to download the form.
- Must conduct a Skype interview with a member of the SAIIE staff.
All materials must be received and the interview must be conducted before the deadline for the applicant to be considered. Scholarship deadlines are as follows:
Fall term: June 1
Spring term: October 15
Winterim term: November 1
Summer: April 1
- No scholarships will be considered after these dates.
- Scholarships are awarded before the beginning of the program. All applicants will be notified of the decisions 1-3 weeks after the deadline.
All materials must either be scanned in and emailed to the Resident Director, Stuart Chipres, at firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via mail to SAIIE at the following address:
Spanish-American Institute of International Education
C/Cuesta del Rosario 8, 3 planta
If you have any further questions, please contact the Resident Director, Stuart Chipres, at email@example.com