Skip to content

Programs : Brochure

This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
Fact Sheet:
Admin Fees: Yes WI GI Benefits Eligible: Yes
Program Type: *UWL-Exchange* Language of Instruction: English, Spanish
Areas of Study: Education, Spanish, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Housing Options: Homestay, Residence Hall
Financial Aid Eligible: Yes
Program Description:

Location: Madrid, Spain
Official Language: Spanish
Classes taught in: Spanish (limited classes in English).
Population: 3,141,991
Interesting Fact: CUCC is known for its department of Spanish as a Foreign
Language and training Spanish Educators.
Location Highlight: 

More info @ CUCC
  1. Meet with a Study Abroad Advisor
  2. Meet with your academic advisor to discuss courses
  3. Complete the study abroad application process*
  4. Pay UWL Resident tuition
  5. Pay housing and meals at the host instituion abroad
  6. Spend your semester or academic year in Spain!
*Students MUST first start the UWL study abroad application process.
Students can ONLY start the CCUC application process after our office
nominates them.
Students MUST apply for a student visa in advance. The closest consulate is in
. Check with them when they will accept your visa application. Most
consulates require that you start your application and reserve your visa
appointment a minimum of four months in advance of departure. Therefore,
students should make their appointment with the Spanish Consulate
as soon as the receive their acceptance letter from CUCC.

UWL DOES NOT arrange student visas. Students are required to independently
arrange for their student visa and need to be aware that this is a TIME SENSITIVE
requirement that will include an additional out-of-pocket cost.

Get more information about traveling to Spain, including information about
visas, @ Travel.State.Gov-Spain

Back to the top>>>


Back to the top>>>

Back to the top>>>
  • 2.5 GPA
  • Sophomore status at start of program
  • Good academic standing
  • Good disciplinary record on campus
  • Students must be enrolled in the School of Education 
Students who are interested in studying abroad, but do not meet eligibility
requirements, are encouraged to make an appointment with a study abroad
advisor. We will assess each situation on a case-by-case basis.
A student pursuing a major or a minor in Spanish at UWL may earn up to 12 credit hours for their major/minor requirements in a foreign country per semester, 18 credits during an academic year. Students need to study abroad for a minimum of 4 weeks in order to get Spanish credit at UWL.

Check out the latest academic calendar here!  

Fall: Late-August to Mid-December
Spring: Early-January to Early-May
Credits: 12-18

Late-August to Early-May           
Credits: 24-36

Students will pay ONLY UWL resident tuition while abroad, even if the student is currently paying out-of-state tuition. Students need to be enrolled full-time with a minimum of 12 credits hours. Please refer to the Budget Sheet at the top of this online brochure for more information.

Back to the top>>>

Dates / Deadlines:
Dates / Deadlines:
Term Year App Deadline Decision Date Start Date End Date
Spring 2019 10/10/2018 10/10/2018 TBA TBA