Skip to content


CIEE is a provider program. Providers are third party organizations or affiliates who have their own partnerships overseas and/or study centers. CIEE offers study abroad opportunities where students will pay a fee that includes at least a direct enroll tuition. This fee will vary depending on the location and what else is included. Some programs will also include housing and meals, while others may only include housing in addition to tuition. These programs seem more expensive at first, but they also include more. In most cases, they will have on site staff available to help students, they will organize excursions and cultural activities, pick students up at the airport, online support and more. 
IMPORTANT: Students applying to a CIEE program must complete 2 applications: One with CIEE and one with UWL.
Start searching for CIEE programs HERE!
Once you have started the application process with CIEE, find the same program in the UWL Study Abroad application system and start the application process there as well. If you do not find the same program in our system, please let our office know. We offer all the programs that CIEE offers, but sometimes we just need to add programs to our application system.
Find CIEE programs in the UWL application system HERE!
If at any point of the application process you need help, please do not hesitate to make an appointment with and Education Abroad Advisor by completing this web form.